According to reports, Manny Pacquiao may have already dropped his defamation lawsuit against Floyd Mayweather. In a recent interview, world-class trainer Jeff Mayweather revealed that although fans are still waiting on tonight’s deadline, there won’t be a response from his nephew, Floyd Mayweather, as to whether or not he will accept terms to face Manny Pacquiao on November 13. While the news may be a disappointment to some, it should come as no surprise as Mayweather has seemed reluctant to face tough challenges throughout the years. However, the shocking news is that, according to Jeff, Pacquiao will no longer be moving forward with the defamation lawsuit that he filed in December of last year for accusations that he might be using performance-enhancing drugs.
Speaking to FightHype’s Percy Crawford, Jeff Mayweather informed him that the lawsuit was dropped. When asked why, Mayweather replied, “Well Percy, not only that, but the other thing is, realistically, he knows he didn’t have a fucking case. You can’t sue everybody because they said something; Floyd ain’t the only fucking person that said that. Paulie Malignaggi said it way before Floyd did and fucking Kermit Cintron said it way before Floyd did. And then you have other people that said it.”
Whether or not it’s true that he actually did drop the lawsuit remains to be seen, however, one can easily understand why Pacquiao, who was recently elected as Member of House of Representatives in the 15th Congress of the Philippines, may not want to spend anymore time focusing on such a trivial matter when there’s so many more important issues to be fought. That being said, if he did actually drop the lawsuit, it’s just one more concession that Pacquiao has given up to try his best to make a fight with Mayweather come to fruition; a fight that, evidently, Mayweather wants no part of.